Here is the latest from Thames Water and Camden - we haven't tried to translate it into English but the good news is that the estimated completion date is now next Wednesday, 21 August.
Thames Water have come across some major difficulties with reparing this collapse sewer, and it now seems that they have found the defective pipe and works can now be completed by the date given below.
Many thanks to Jack Holroyde at Cycle Surgery for the photo.
Just to confirm:
• We have located the defective pipe.
• CCTV and Jeter on site to confirm if any further works required.
• If no further works required damaged section to be replaced today
• Heading will be packed by End of Play Saturday
• Shaft backfilled by Monday
• Road concreted Tuesday with Rapid hardener
• Road Reinstated by Wednesday evening and site cleared.
The lateral connection has had to be completely replaced and it was initially hoped that it would only require a section repair however it transpires that a full length replace is needed. The revised estimated completion date is now 21 August 2013.
We do appreciate that these works are causing a level of disruption however we will continue to work with Thames Water in order to get the highway back to full use as soon as possible.