Camden Council have sent us this summary of actions the Council has taken to prepare for the potential severe weather between Sunday night (27th) and Monday(28th) morning.
· Engineering Services have been clearing drains and gullies in areas prone to surface water flooding. This includes having the contractors on standby to respond Sunday night and Monday.
· Environment Service have been liaising with Veolia to ensure additional resources are available to clear leaves and debris over the weekend and also Monday afternoon to assist with any subsequent clear-up.
· Parks and Open Space have briefed the tree surgeon contractors and confirmed they will be on standby in case of any issues.
· Contact Camden are reviewing their cover for Sunday night in case there is an increase in calls.
· Building Control have supplemented the duty officer rota for Sunday night and Monday, adding additional officers who will also be able to respond.
· Emergency Management have made the AD Resilience aware of the situation and have made contact with equivalents in Camden police and Camden fire brigade and forwarded alerts to resilience colleagues in the borough. Will continue to monitor weather updates and contact key staff as necessary.
· Economic Development have facilitated messages to key contractors working on independent building sites on the borough to make sure they are aware and taking necessary actions.
· Housing Repairs and Improvements are asking all scaffolding contractors to make sure all building sites are locked down to prevent flying debris.
· Adult Social Care have facilitated contact with all service providers to raise awareness and ensure they are prepared.
· Communications issued a joint message (with HR) on Essentials yesterday and the Duty press officer is on standby to provide internal and external comms assistance over the weekend.
· Schools, fortunately the schools are closed for the Half Term holidays.